Wednesday, February 04, 2015

A big adventure.

I started taking a weaving class about a year ago. Every monday evening I go to my weaving school. It is an old building and it always was a weaving school. Today it is also a museum: Haus der Handweberei Sindelfingen.

It's a lot of fun and it's always a bit sad to stop when class is over or when there are holidays and there is no weaving class for 6 weeks (in the summer).

But now my boyfriend decided that he wants to buy me a floor loom. I started looking for one and finally found a used Glimakra Ideal, 100cm weaving width, 8-shaft Countermarch loom. It was exactly what I wanted, the price was ok and it was an hours drive. I was very excited when I won the ebay auction.

Last weekend we went there and got the loom: a wooden puzzle.



The result:


I still need some stuff to tie it up and other things, but I hope I can put my first warp on it next weekend.

No comments: